Hi friends,

Note: “tl;dr” stands for “too long; didn’t read”. All these acronyms – don’t worry. I’m here to help you stay down with the times and keep up with the lingo.
 Two weeks ago, my safety pin bracelet popped. I figured it unlikely that a professor would hold up a lecture hall to let me gather up my beads so I took a photo of the moment (for the archives) and stuffed the bracelet in a side pocket of my bag. 

A little over two weeks ago, my roommate sat on the floor sewing/taping/willing the straps of her chappals to stay together. When they didn't listen in the dining hall she borrowed a scoongie and wrapped it around her foot.

A few days after, my other roommate came back from a retreat and told us how her slippers popped as well but it was all good because she just tied a scrunchie and kept on trodding.

Yesterday, I walked around with jeans that have a decent-sized hole in the crotch. I have a tab open where I typed "how to patch a hole in jeans crotch". (I can feel my mommy cringing as I write this.)
-

How do you know when to patch/tie/keep something up versus when to let it go?

I’ve been feeling busy since the semester started and I know that comes with the territory. It’s the beginning of the year and things haven't fallen into a rhythm yet. At first glance, I'm excited about the things on my plate. Most of my class material is engaging, my work is relevant to what I’m studying, my role in my Christian fellowship is prompting me to get deeper in my faith. They are all things I want to do but I'm sure if I should be doing all of them right now. 
-

When my jeans ripped, my roommates told me to patch it up and offered me sewing kits.

When my other roommate told us that her slippers popped, we laughed and were well proud of ourselves because the hair tie idea actually worked.

While my roommate sewed the straps to her chappals, my other roommate and I laughed, offered suggestions, and took photos (for the archives).

I think it’s time to let my safety pin bracelet go. It just means I’ll be making a new one eventually. [=
-

I’m not always sure when to keep something up or when to let it go. But I’ve realized that I can talk to friends, family, teachers, mentors, and God about the hole I might need to patch or the bracelet I might need to mend. Which is a pretty nice deal now that I think about it.

tl;dr My safety pin bracelet broke and it had me thinking about how you know for sure when to let things go or when to tie them back together.
-

The song is "It Is Well" by Kristene DiMarco and Bethel Music . Our pastor preached about the original hymn in church last week.


 I hope you’re doing well wherever you are. And real talk - Thank you for reading.

Bless,
Keren


2 Comments

  1. Great stuff. :) Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for reading [=

      Delete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.