From page 53 in Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon. Theodore Sturgeon said that 90% of everything is crap. (I explain it better in the post, I promise.)

In my last Sunday Currently, I mentioned that I’d put up some of my art pieces. They’ll mainly be from 2014 (when I realized I could draw) and last semester from my Drawing class.

I decided to take another art class at school after the one I did two semesters ago because I realized that I enjoy drawing. My roommate had to deal with all my complaints and tirades and then see me come back after a critique praising the wonders and joys that art brings. This semester brought home that art and making things are important parts of my life so I'll (try harder to) stop denying it. 

I’m also trying to put more of my work out there. My main focus on this blog has been jewellery, then I included crochet, and I’ve thrown in bits and pieces of art. But this blog is Keren Creates, not just Keren Makes Jewellery and Does Crochet. (Do you dig the vibe that I’m putting down?) I also read Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon and I’m making my way through Blog Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert Cho. They’re keeping my momentum up and giving me a lot of ideas of what to do with the blog.



The two books + my notes
Which brings me back to the first picture. I can't agree with his statement that 90% of everything is crap but I do agree that making more things is a good idea. Another tip from the book is to ask myself, "What am I working on?" and show people that. This blog is a good place for that and I've been doing that in the past. 


Page 52 of Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon
I’m still in the idea stages. One concrete thing I’ll do is reread my older blog posts. Another concrete thing I’ve done is update my Tumblr portfolio. I’ve already uploaded the rest of my pieces from 2014 and will add the ones from last year soon. Here are two screenshots of how the site looks with the 2014 pieces. 





I'm very excited to do a post with a video. I haven't done that in a while. The song is "Don't Be So Hard On Yourself" by Jess Glynne. A friend recommended it to me and it's something I should remind myself of more often.



Thanks for reading,
Keren


2 Comments

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.