I started my blog in January 2012. That's four whole years ago. My first post was a bit off-the-cuff and not very inspired but it makes me laugh so it's all good.

I think a lot about social media and how it affects me. Without going too deep into my thoughts on Facebook or Twitter or the rest, I think about how my blog fits in with all that. If you talk to anyone who's around me when I write a new post or take pictures to update my portfolio, I stop and ask myself what the point is. I've come close to deleting my blog because I tell myself that it's me being "nuff" or "showing off" or being vain.

Over the last couple of months, I've realized a few things.

I concern myself too much with other people's opinions and I try to think for other people. But that's tiring and it's silly. It's hard enough living my own life, much less worrying about other people. I've also reminded myself of why I started this blog in the first place. I started it as a place to document and show my work. And yes, the fact that it's public means that I welcome other people reading it and writing comments but more in the sense of starting a dialogue with other people who are interested in what I do. (This blog is also a place where my parents can see what I do with all the beads I ask them to buy for me.)

My blog has changed since I started it four years ago. I taught myself crochet. I realized that I like more traditional forms of art. I incorporated my summer program and the thoughts I had during it. I have a chance to write frequently. I learned (and I'm still learning) the importance of posting and creating regularly. I've also been touched by people who read what I write and enjoy what they read.

I don't plan to stop this blog for now. School will start back soon so I'll see how posting twice a week will go. I may go back to once a week. We shall see.

The song is "Live For Today' by Kelissa and Keznamdi.

Thanks for reading,
Keren


2 Comments

  1. Love your note about your blog's evolution -- a sign of true, churning creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.