Belated Merry Christmas if you celebrate Christmas. I realize that I didn't mention any other holidays in previous posts and it's for the mostly self-centered reason that I don't celebrate them. I'll try to be better about that next year. It's the last weekend in 2015 and it would be nice for me to have a gorgeous summary but Sunday night at 10 isn't the best time for me to be too deep or introspective. For now I'll keep it simple and get on with my last (!) Sunday Currently for 2015.

Reading Afro State of Mind: Memoirs of Nappy Headed Black Girl by Lurie Daniel Favors. (Here's the link to her website.) I got this book earlier this year when Lurie came to school and spoke about her natural hair journey. It was a great experience to meet her and listen to what she had to say. It got me thinking a lot more about how I think about my hair. Check my blog post here.

Writing Nothing really.

Listening "IV. Sweatpants" by Childish Gambino because sometimes you need to tell the haters not to be upset because, "I'm doing me better than you're doing you".

Thinking That it's okay if I just watch Christmas movies with the sibling for the rest of of the night.

Wishing Nothing here either.

Hoping That it's dry tomorrow.

Wearing Sweatpants (see what I did there? =D lol)

Loving The Sunday dinner our aunt and uncle made.

Needing To go to bed before tomorrow.

Feeling Like I did a lot more than I actually did today.

My sister and I took a trip to visit a church near Union Square and then we walked to a food place further up the road. I took a photo of her taking a photo.

I'm not 100% sure of my schedule for the rest of the year (all four days of it) so my next post may be in January. Thanks for sticking with me and this Sunday venture. I think I'll keep doing it next year. I hope you spent time with people you love (or at least tolerate) during this season.

Thanks for reading,
Keren


One Comment

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.