Hi all,

How you doing? But really, how are you doing?

The past couple of weeks have shown me how easy it is to disregard that question and give a pre-recorded answer. I'm not saying that you need to give everyone in a five-foot radius a play-by-play of your week every time someone passes and says, "How are you?" but that you should pause and consider it for yourself.

Life goes in waves for me. Sometimes the tide is up to my knees and I have papers, projects, and other commitments all scheduled for the same time. Moments when I can't even respond to messages from people. Then there are moments when the waves barely reach my toes and I'm amazed at the free time that I have.

The pastor talked about peace in church today and it was a message that I really needed to hear. Even though things ebb and flow, God is still with me.

Reading A novel for pleasure. LOL! Nope. I'm currently alternating between Anthropology homework and online magazines. This life.

Writing Notes for my readings - and by notes I mean four line summaries so I have a vague idea of what I read.

Listening To my friends' podcast on Zombies. I'm listening because i) they're my friends and ii) I miss hearing Jamaicans speak.

Thinking That things usually work out. And that I should pause to take deep breaths more often.

Smelling Chicken (or the remains of) from the SOCA (Students of Caribbean Ancestry) potluck. [=

Wishing That I didn't have to go outside for food. Haha.

Hoping It's not as windy as I'm bracing myself for.

Wearing A Deerfield hoodie.

Loving That I'm no longer sick with a flu/cold-type thing.

Needing To clear my bed and spread my sheets. Jah know.

Feeling A bit more at peace.

Things work out. That's what I'm going with for now. [= Things also look better after you've eaten, cracked a laugh, and had some sleep. Or that's how it usually works for me.

Ooh! My photo is of a goat! A baby goat! A campus organization brought some baby animals last week and there was a goat! For all who don't know, goats = life. At least for me. They're great dead or alive. (Too far?) But really, if anyone brought me a goat I would be very very pleased.

Thanks for reading,
Keren


4 Comments

  1. How dare you write about a baby goat and NOT call it a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed to emphasize that it was a goat but a tiny one.
      You're right though. It was the perfect opportunity to say, "Kids these days". Next time.

      Delete
  2. They're great dead or alive. Wow. You actually thought that :) That's actually pretty funny though. Snaps to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. =D It's the truth though.

    ReplyDelete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.