Not my first WaterFire but my first time seeing them light the wood. 

Oh hello there,

I have neglected my blog and I won't apologize because I've simply been trying to hustle. I'm sure you can understand that.

I was talking with a friend last night and she said that it hasn't even been a month but it feels like we should  be near the end of the year. I snapped to that. I can't explain why but I feel the same way. I know it's not that I've never felt this way before, but it really feels like it. I seem to be busier and have more things on my plate. Which is partially true because I started an on-campus job last week, but I know that's not the only thing throwing my time off. Who knows. Hopefully this is all part of the first day, first week, first month, first semester deal - the first of things seem longer. Yes, I know, I've been here for a year already. I haven't been here as a second year though. [=

To be honest, this post is a chance for me to clear my head a bit before I get back to writing a paper. Now I'll cut the chatter and get to the list.

Reading Notes, articles, papers and pdfs related to Jamaica and our progress with the Millennium Development Goals (specifically Goal 7 about environmental sustainability). Fun Fact: the UN is moving on to Sustainable Development Goals as of this month. I haven't looked at them in depth but I will say that the graphics are very appealing.

Writing My paper on Jamaica's progress with Goal 7 of the Millennium Development Goals.

Listening "Tek Weh Yuhself" by Mr. Vegas because sometimes you just need some throwback dancehall music in your life.


Thinking That I need to stop thinking about the words "development" and "sustainable" and anything related to that for a bit because I'm about to pop.

Smelling The residue of a double chocolate chip cookie.

Wishing I didn't have homework for my other courses to do as well. lol. This life.

Hoping I get a burst of super-efficiency (not just efficiency, super-efficiency) and finish my work like a boss.

Wearing The elephant pants that Emily gave me and that she has a matching pair of. [=

Loving That the sun is shining.

Needing To go outside.

Feeling Better now that I've typed all this.

There it is. That's what's going on right now. I want to say that I'lll post more regularly starting now but I can't promise. I still need time to get used to my schedule. But! I have friends who are on top of their game and publish a weekly podcast where they talk about movies and other random things. I've mentioned them before but here it is again if you haven't bookmarked it yet: Take4. Also, here's a snippet from them to brighten your Sunday:


That's it for now friends.

Thanks for reading,
Keren


2 Comments

  1. Love this - and gracias for the shoutout! <3 Sending you ALL my energy and support for your readings and papers!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.