Over the summer I decided to play with knives. I bought an X-Acto knife and carried my cardstock. I didn't think I'd have enough time to do beads or crochet. Plus, paper-cutting is a lot simpler. I just need the knife + paper as opposed to yarn + crochet hooks or beads + needles + thread. I liked the freedom of taking my paper and knife out of my pencil case and working at a design whenever we had breaks or whenever I thought the instructor wouldn't be offended. In a lot of cases, the motion and need for precision helped me focus more in lectures - even though it looked like I wasn't paying attention. (It's pretty hard to fall asleep when you have a sharp object in hand.) I didn't do much but I enjoyed what I created. I guess I should add paper-cutting to my inventory of craft skills.

Dimensions: 4 inches x 4 inches
Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.25
Dimensions: 4.5 x 6.25 (folded in half)


While I worked on these, I got thoughts about the presence or absence and whether I wanted the focal point to be what was there or what I took away. Who knew that cutting shapes could be so philosophical?

I will admit that I didn't just stick to paper and caved. I searched for bead stores nearby and found one! My lovely roommate joined me for the walk and saw my reaction to bead stores first hand. I made earrings at the request of my friend, Viraj, who wanted a gift for his Secret Scholar. I kept them simple because I only had beads and earring wires. I made two peyote circles and joined them together. 



His Secret Scholar liked them. [=

Those right there are the things I created in Seattle. Actually, not all. I crafted a story as well. 

The song is "Yeah!" by Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris because Mommy and I are watching Hitch and there's no need to make any pizza if they have food there.




Thanks for reading,
Keren


2 Comments

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.