It's Easter Sunday or Resurrection Sunday. For me, Easter has always been the time we celebrate Jesus being raised from the dead. We don't really do the Easter bunny or eggs or all of that at home. Another thing - Thanks to everyone who came up to me or commented and said nice things about my last post. I really appreciate it. [=

I'm still continuing with things I did over Christmas break. Last week, I talked about painting. Now on to the other things I did with paper.

Paper-cutting

I played around with papercutting because of some work I saw from people in my art class last semester. I made a card out of a 6.5 x 4.5 inch piece of cardstock. Papercutting is time consuming and I prayed all the while that I wouldn't make a bad cut and have to start again (or do a poor job of covering the tear).




Adobe Illustrator

These next projects I'll showcase came from Adobe Illustrator. The first came from me playing around with shapes and creating units. Copy and paste does wonders once you've come up with a workable unit. I found the font from dafont.com. The dimensions are 7 x 5 inches. I used "Who Knows" by Protoje and Chronixx as the text because I like the song and I heard it a lot over break.




I also did a version where I added a view of Kingston that I took and placed it behind the words. I only have the digital copy of that so here it is:


Finally, I made this last graphic earlier last week. It came out of a doodle I did in class. I wondered how it would be to make it digital so I opened up Illustrator and it worked out. Doing it on the computer makes it easier to line things up and be symmetrical but it also makes it easier to see when things aren't equally space or are off in someway.


 

I made them 1.5 x 1.5 inches. The first one was a fluke of sorts - I didn't realize I needed a border. Haha.

The song is "This I Believe (The Creed)" from Hillsong Worship. My sister shared it with me and I've had it on repeat.

That's all I have for now. Next time, I plan to diverge a bit and talk about a hair forum I went to this weekend about black hair. I even met Lurie Daniel Favors of Afro State of Mind. [=

Thanks for reading,
Keren


4 Comments

  1. Lovely blog. The photographs are exciting aswell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been practicing.

      Delete
  2. I was just going to post "I really like that song" then I saw what you said at the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.