[Why is it "commentator" and not "commenter"?]

During the school year, I'd tell myself that I'd have more time to focus on the blog and such during summer. Now it's summer and I'm telling myself, "During the school year." [= It's all good though. I'm enjoying it. It's a mix between a lot going on and then moments when I'm just at home watching World Cup. Props to whoever conceived the idea.

I am watching the Cameroon-Brazil match so bear with me. Here's what I did last week.

1. Crochet Collar

{Pattern}


I started it last week Monday and finished it on Thursday. I had fun making it and the pattern was simple to follow. It wears like a choker. I wore it to graduation at my old school and a few people complimented me. Or it. Whichever. Here it is:





2. Basket

{Pattern}

I know right? I crocheted a mini container. It's about 11 cm in diameter and 7 cm high. The pattern just used single crochet and double crochet. First you make the circle for the base, then you build up the sides. I didn't think I'd finish it and planned on using it in a "Works in Progress" section. Here is my basket:






[Brazil scores.]

Now for what I have In Progress.

1. Circles

I was playing around with string and decided to make a "motif" of my own. Unfortunately, I don't remember the number of stitches I used. Ah well. Such is life. I'm not sure what to do with them because they're not symmetrical so i don't want to turn them into earrings. Maybe two bracelets?


2. Lacy circles

{Pattern}

I messed up a bit on the pattern but then I started over and found my rhythm. I plan to make earring with these. I just don't have the earring wire with me.


[Did you know that they exchange shirts after matches? That means they need a new shirt for every match. This is what's wrong with the world my friend. There are children starving in New Kingston.]

[Final score: Brazil 4, Cameroon 1]

3. Granny Square bracelet

I sewed together my green, orange and purple one but I don't have the closures with me. 

Here's an artsy shot of the bracelet:


4. Barefoot sandal thing

{Pattern}

I decided to make one even though feet aren't my thing. I had to start over - I thought it was supposed to go in a round but it wasn't. I may not finish it because I don't understand how to attach/make the straps so that someone can wear it. Although I'll probably find something else to do with it because it's pretty.




That's it for last week. The song is "Roar" by Katy Perry.

Oh! Exciting times. Haha, not really. I made a Facebook page for my things. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. So far I have a few pictures up. I'll keep experimenting with it. We'll see where it goes.

Thanks Andrew and Sabrina for reading and telling me that you read it last week. [= Thanks to everyone else of course, I just singled them out because they mentioned it to me.

Thanks for reading!

-Keren


Leave a Reply

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.