Valentine's Day was last Friday and I've had red and pink and hearts on the mind.

1. I finished my heart garland

It's now hanging over my door - right under my bell from Christmas. What do bells have to do with Christmas? I'm not really sure. That's not the point though. I finished the garland! Here it is:








2. I played with Post-Its

I had an idea to do a DIY sort of thing for Valentine's Day and came up with a Post-It heart. I was thinking simple. Here is my attempt at a DIY.

----

Post-It Hearts

You'll need:

3 Post-its or squares of the same size
Crayons, markers, pens

How I did it:

Line the edges of the square together to make a modular heart
Decorate as you wish.

---

Pretty simple huh?

I've made two so far. One with the red and the pink and a Dr Seuss quote. The other for a demonstration so I didn't come up with any inspirational message. I'll leave that for your imagination.

If you do use Post-Its, it's probably best to secure it with tape or glue because it may fall. My first one did.




3. I made my LOVE IS card

The plans/sketches:


I used a pin to punch out the letters. Haha. Not the most efficient way but it worked:



Laying the pattern around the space:


I realized too late that I cut separate pieces instead of folding the card. I was too lazy by then so I made the hinge with duct tape. No shame.


Finished product:





Check 1 Corinthians 13 for these verses. Or I could just put them here: 

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

The song is some of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams and this video was filmed in JA!

Stay happy. Or get happy. Or listen to the song. Or sleep. I don't know.

Thanks for reading,
Keren


Leave a Reply

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.