I haven't been exactly on point with the weekly blogs but it's the thought that counts right? What am I saying though - that phrase has nothing to do with anything here.

I'll just talk about the pouch.

So yes - I finished the pouch that I showed in this post with the tutorial that I found on Meladora's Creations. It was one of those things that looked complicated but was simple once you got going. A 17 DC center, chain petals and then connecting the links in the petals to each other. Not the easiest thing ever but nice and repetitive. I was going to make a purse like the tutorial said but around the 6th flower I realized that I wasn't about that 35 flower life. lol. The wheels in my head started turning and I thought about making a pouch.

This part was fun. I had to work out the mechanics of the pouch without a pattern or anything to reference. I decided to connect the 9 flowers like the pattern showed and then even out the edges with single and double crochet.

To make this sheet into a pouch, I had to buy lining, a zipper and find me a sewing machine. Our friend sews and she told me what to do and how to do it. I cut and sewed and tacked and within an hour and a half I had my pouch! I did the finishing touches with crocheting the final side together yesterday and here it is:








The pride I feel at this moment. =D I'm going to use my pouch to hold my crochet hooks and needles. 

I'm feeling pretty legitimate right about now.


2 Comments

  1. "I wasn't about that 35 flower life" LOL!

    Raeee! Ma phone get feecha :P

    ReplyDelete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.