I actually finished it from last month but I just haven't been able to post anything yet. I took the pictures about two weeks ago so today I finally told myself to suck it up and write the post.

My first project from Crochet One-Skein Wonders - the "Bristleberry Scarf". I started this project with little knowledge of crochet and decided that I may as well go hard or go home. I had trouble in the beginning remembering the pattern. I'd have to refer to it every two rows. And what a prekke if I forgot which row I was on - trying to work the stitches out was not fun. I eventually memorized the pattern though. Felt like an absolute pro working on it without the book. I've also learned that not everything needs to be perfect. There's usually a way to Jim-squeachy the pattern so that the mistake isn't noticeable. =D Remember when I started it last month in this post? The pride I feel right now. I'm actually looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear it. [=

Here it is. I was trying to be artsy with the photos so I used the bush as props. Bear with me please.







Success! Something to look out for - a pouch/purse thing using this pattern that I found on the Internet (gotta love that Internet). I used the pattern but decided to try and make something new. I won't go on about it in this post though - this is just supposed to be a teaser.


Get excited! 

Or don't. It's all up to you.


2 Comments

  1. Whoa...you crotched a scarf. That must have taken forever (and nuff thread-how many rolls you use?). It looks really nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite forever but long still. Haha. It only took one roll - that's the theme of the book. =p

      Delete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.