My sister gave me red stone chips a few years ago and I didn't know what to do with them. They ended up just looking pretty in my bead container. Then last week I decided to try something new. I was flipping through The Beader's Handbook 2 by Bead and Button Magazine and saw the project "Out of line" by Anna Elizabeth Draeger. A netted bracelet using stone chips! To make it better, I already put a dog ear showing that I wanted to try it. So I did.

The beads:


I started all excited and feeling pretty big about myself. Unfortunately I realized that I'd run out of beads before it could decently fit around my wrist. My first idea was to use ribbon to tie it but I didn't think that would fit with the style of the bracelet - I needed a more professional and thought-out finish. I contemplated making a tapered brick stitch attachement on both sides but once I started I realized that I'd run out of seed beads. Then, in a flash of inspiration, I decided to stick with the netted look and used right-angle weave. =D 

Here it is:




I still haven't mastered the technique of getting netted bracelets to fall the way I want them to on my hand. This one bunches like my brown netted bracelet. Ah well. One day I'll get it. 



My only thing is that I was unable to reinforce the netted parts. But I'm so pleased that I was patient and finished it in a way that I'm proud of. 



2 Comments

  1. Keren!! Thanks for checking out my blog. Yours is so so adorable, I love all your DIYs! We should do a collab someday! ;) Xxx Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! We'll sort out the details later on this year =D

      Delete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.