Hello all. I'm just going to put up all the things I haven't put up yet. Bear with me please.

1. Brick stitched rings
I was looking through this magazine and saw the Autumn Bouquet design by Lisa Kan. I looked at it and thought, "Hey, I think I can actually make these." So I tried and I did and I made them into rings. I've done 2 so far but they're really fun and pretty simple to make.





Now I'm really proud of what I did next. I made a variation to the design...That's the big thing that I was proud of. Ha ha. So the flower came out different - more rounded. Now that I'm typing here I don't really remember what I did. =S But it will come back eventually. I made this one into a brooch. That part was sticky though - I tried to glue it down because I didn't think the thread would hold. I put it on my bag and it makes me smile when I'm at school.




2. Peyote rings with focal-thing
I made these using this tutorial. I really liked the first one so I gave it to my amazing Bio teacher. Then I did another one which I'm a bit less proud of. I felt very smart because I reduced the number of beads and still worked it out (not really that big a deal) but I don't like how much the thread shows. Ah well.







3. Matthew 7:1-5/Luke 6:41-42
This paper thing is based on those two passages where Jesus basically says "Who are you to judge?" Everyone has their own sins and problems and areas where they fall short so no one can look at someone else and condemn them or think that they're holier than them. Or for people who say one thing "in the name of the Lord" and then go do something that he totally wouldn't approve of. It's a good reminder for me too.

The plan from about October last year. =3


It says: We walk around with mud on our eyes, thinking we're holy, as we look to the sky.

4. Friendship bracelets
Yup. I made a couple. Only have a picture of one because I gave the other to a friend. I've done some other things with thread and hemp but they're not for this post.


5. Peyote stitched band
One of the first thing I ever tried from Carol Huber Cypher's book. My first attempt was about two years ago. Wow. I've improved. Let's see how.
  • I used regular sewing thread which kept breaking and getting tangled (and caused tears)
  • I used seed beads and many of the holes were too small (which caused tears)
  • I ran out of beads because I was using a mixed pack (which caused tears) 
So here's my first attempt at the bracelet.


Holding it, I realize that I just need to apply a little pressure and I can pop the thread. Not very comforting. 

Now on to the new one.


It was my first time using Delicas. I saw everyone recommending *Japanese seed beads* but I was like "Psh. I gots my tube-o-beads and they've been working quite well thank-you-very-much. Then I used them and it was like:

A whole new world!
Ha ha ha =D 

But seriously. It was amazing. They fit so seamlessly and the bracelet is so smooth but still fluidy and all over amazing. Sigh of contentment. =] I finished with a basket crimp. That part didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. (I ended up crushing a few beads...whoops) But I finished it and I like it. 




6. Peyote ruffles
These are from another Beading Daily tutorial. They're actually just peyote circles. You string 10 beads then string 2 then 1 then 2 then 1. I must admit that I started these sometime last year. But I'm done now. I may just make them into a bracelet. Who knows.



I like lining things up in rainbow order
Yay! That's it. I'm done with putting it all up. I'm going to post this now and then I'm going to see if it's too long and if I should separate them.

Nah. I can't bother. [=


4 Comments

  1. the last one looks like coral *o*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. this was such a nice post. everything-your thoughts, lots of nice things, jokes (a whole new world?-dramatic much LOL). Good job Keren :) I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like the judging one too. :) why do the people have white things across their heads? where did the quote from?

      Delete
    2. The white things represent the 'mud' - them looking at people without looking at themselves. I came up with the quote from the same Bible verses. Yeah...I felt pretty swag saying that. Ha ha. I don't know if it's been said before though. [:

      Delete

Keep them coming but keep them clean!

Keren Creates. Powered by Blogger.